The Solactive Future Trends Index series seeks to track trends forecasted to lead their respective industries including thematic investing and megatrends that are predicted long-term evolutions in society and economics.
The firm has focused on trends it predicts will last at least the next decade.
The series is divided into four categories: future technologies, future of the environment, future way of life and future health and well-being.
For the launch, the series contains 18 indices that incorporate either specific investment strategies, data based on third-party sources or the processing software ARTIS which analyses the underlying companies to various data sources.
Axel Haus (pictured), team head of qualitative research at Solactive, commented: “Based on today’s research and knowledge, we focus on the beneficiaries of multi-year megatrends.
“The Solactive Future Trends provides the means to incorporate the most promising future economic trends into long-term oriented investment strategies.”
Megatrends itself has become a popular theme among index providers as MSCI also launched a suite of megatrend indices in 2019.
The indices included in the series launch include:
- Fast-growing Technology Companies Index
- ARTIS Worldwide Connectivity Index
- ARTIS AI and Automation Index
- ARTIS Big Data Users Index
Future of the Environment
- ARTIS Sustainable Energy Index
- ARTIS Sustainable Transportation Index
- ISS ESG Beyond Plastic Waste Index
- Vigeo Eiris Biodiversity Index
- Renewable Capacity Weighted Bond Index
Future Way of Life
- ARTIS Future of Entertainment Index
- Beyond Basic Consumption Index
- Fast-growing Consumer Companies Index
- Equileap Gender Equality Index Family
Future Health and Well-Being
- Fast-growing Healthcare Companies Index
- ARTIS Machines in Healthcare Index
- ARTIS Biotechnology Index
- ARTIS Oncology Index
- ARTIS Future of Nutrition Index