Comdirect Bank is partnering with ETC Group to provide savings plans based on crypto exchange-traded products (ETPs) to its German retail investor clients.
The savings plans capture the range of crypto assets covered by ETC Group’s physically-backed ETPs. These include:
- BTCetc ETC Group Physical Bitcoin (BTCE)
- ETHetc ETC Group Physical Ethereum (ZETH)
- LTCetc ETC Group Physical Litecoin (ELTC)
- DOTetc ETC Group Physical Polkadot (PLKA)
- XTZetc ETC Group Physical Tezos (EXTZ)
- BCHetc ETC Group Physical Bitcoin Cash (BTCH)
- SOLetc ETC Group Physical Solana (ESOL)
- ADAetc ETC Group Physical Cardano (RDAN)
By using ETPs rather than direct crypto asset investment, retail investors do not have to worry about custody and their products are regulated and listed on European exchanges.
Rene Delrieux, product manager investing at comdirect – Eine Marke der Commerzbank, said: “The recent expansion of ETC Group's product range goes hand in hand with the high level of investor interest in cryptocurrencies.
“With immediate effect, our customers can therefore purchase the majority of the ETC Group's crypto offering from us not just as a one-off investment but also as a savings plan.”
Andre Voinea, head of DACH at HANetf, who market ETC Group’s products, added: “2021 was another strong year for cryptos and retail investors now have a wide range of ETCs available on regulated stock exchanges offering exposure.
“For long-term investors, Saving Plans can be an ideal tool to integrate cryptos into their portfolios.”